My subscription to Life expired, but I still have a subscription to Mad.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Two-Week Dry Spell Ends

VHF propagation has been excellent almost everyday this month so far, but I did not work any new stations for over two weeks until today.

At 1643Z, WKLV put in an S-2 signal on 96.7 MHz transmitting 3.1 kW from New Rochelle, NY, 65 miles to the southwest. K-Love is a Christian religious station.

At 1650Z, WNYZ had an S-3 signal on 87.7 MHz. I believe this is a pirate station transmitting in Russian (“Dura Radio”) from (maybe) Brooklyn, NY, 85 miles southwest. 

Both stations were the first loggings for their respective channels and were monitored on the stock radio of my 2007 Subaru Outback Sport.

By the way, I will be staffing the TAPR booth at the ARRL Centennial Convention in Hartford this Friday and Saturday, so stop by and say, "Hello!"

No comments:

Post a Comment